THE WHITE RANGE HUARAZ (CORDILLERA BLANCA) (10D)
The Pacific Peruvian coast offers many marvels. Keep it close by as we travel from Lima to Huaraz, capital of the department of Ancash. This unique area sits between two mountain ranges and will be the start of our adventure down rocky paths, past valley lakes and across magnificent views of the Black and White mountain ranges. These ranges are named for the color given to them by their constituent minerals.
DAY 1 LIMA
You’ll arrive at the international airport in Lima (the majority of flights arrive at night between 8pm and 2am). Our team will be waiting with a private vehicle to take you to the hotel of your choice. Depending on your itinerary, you’ll visit some of the most important museums in the city. (Optional)
DAY 2 LIMA – HUARAZ
We’ll depart early in bus to arrive in Huaraz by nightfall. During the trip, we’ll stop at two towns: Pativilca and Conococha. Along the way you’ll see part of Peru’s vast, arid coastal desert. Sand dunes will be our constant companions until we turn to enter the Sierra and arrive in Huaraz at night. You’ll spend the night comfortably in a hotel of your choice.
DAY 3 HUARAZ
Today, you can travel around the city however you like, exploring at your own pace. You can visit textile and souvenir markets as well as archeological and religious sites. In the afternoon, you’ll return to your hotel and meet your guide for a talk about the activities during the rest of your trip.
DAY 4 HUARAZ – VAQUEIRA (CAMP)
DAY 5 VAQUEIRA – TUCTU (CAMP)
DAY 6 TUCTU – TAULLIPAMPA
DAY 7 TAULLIPAMPA – LLAMACORAL
DAY 8 LLAMACORAL – HUARAZ
DAY 9 HUARAZ – LIMA
DAY 10 LIMA
On the final day, we’ll take you to the Cusco airport for your return flight to Lima and your connecting flight home.
* In case you want to visit any additional sites, you can add extensions on to your original package. If you choose an extension, we’ll organize the connection to your next destination. Someone from the Land of the Inkas team will accompany you to ensure that you make your connection and that everything goes smoothly.
- A bilingual guide for all the tours described in the itinerary.
- All flights within Peru.
- All ground transportation during the trip.
- The entrance costs for all the tours/sites mentioned.
- All hotels (Double beds, with continental breakfast)
- All the meals mentioned. (The guide will carry a first aid kit)
- An additional room can be obtained at the client’s request.
- Transportation (e.g. international flights) to and from Peru.
- Lunch and dinner in cities (aside from those specifically mentioned)
- Hiking boots and personal equipment.
- Personal costs (tips and gratuities, alcoholic beverages, travel/medical insurance, medical costs, laundromat charges, airport taxes, etc.)
- Av. La Cultura N° 1318 Wanchaq, Cusco.
- +51 84 233451 (Cusco)
- +51 1 2241816 (Lima)
Our hours are in Peruvian time (GTM -5)