ACTIVE PERU (9D/8N)
Active Peru offers all the intense action of Lima, Cusco and the Sacred Valley. Come enjoy action-packed sports with us like rafting, zip line, trekking and mountain biking. We’ll provide all the equipment necessary for you to safely enjoy your adventure. This tour takes you to Machu Picchu, the Apurimac River and the Sacred Valley of the Incas over 9 incredible days. Come have an unforgettable vacation with the Land of the Inkas team!
DAY 1 LIMA
You’ll arrive at the international airport in Lima (the majority of flights arrive at night between 8pm and 2am). Our team will be waiting with a private vehicle to take you to the hotel of your choice. Depending on your flight schedule, you will have the opportunity to visit some of the most important sites and museums in Lima. (Optional).
DAY 2 LIMA – CUSCO
Early in the morning, you’ll return to the Lima airport to take your flight to Cusco, the former capital of the Inca Empire. Upon your arrival, the Land of the Inkas team will be waiting to greet you. During the trip to the center in a private vehicle, the guide will give a brief introductory talk about the city. After lunch, we’ll visit the most important tourist sites in the city and the surroundings. This is an opportunity to try new things, learn and understand the history of Cusco. We’ll visit churches, museums and archeological sites, including the fortress of Saqsaywaman and the complexes of Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay. All of these were highly important sites in the Inca religion and are located close to Cusco. After our explorations, we’ll return you to your hotel to spend the night.
DAY 3 CUSCO – APURIMAC – RÍO URUBAMBA (RAFTING)
In the morning, we will travel in a private vehicle to the put in point on the Apurimac. We’ll start our rafting adventure with easy, safe rapids to practice basic techniques, all the while exploring the river and coming across ancient Andean terraces. The rapids continue and increase in difficulty up to Class IV. After the last section, we’ll have our lunch and then head to Ollantaytambo, which awaits us with its beautiful streets and archeological site. At the end of the day, you’ll return to Cusco to relax in the comforts of your hotel.
DAY 4 HUCHUY QOSQO (HIKE)
DAY 5 VIA FERRATA – ZIP LINE
DAY 6 SACRED VALLEY (CYCLING)
DAY 7 OLLANTAYTAMBO – MACHU PICCHU
DAY 8 MACHU PICCHU
DAY 9 CUSCO – LIMA
On the final day, we’ll take you to the Cusco airport for your return flight to Lima and your connecting flight home.
* In case you want to visit any additional sites, you can add extensions on to your original package. If you choose an extension, we’ll organize the connection to your next destination. Someone from the Land of the Inkas team will accompany you to ensure that you make your connection and that everything goes smoothly.
- A bilingual guide for all the tours described in the itinerary.
- All flights within Peru.
- All ground transportation during the trip.
- The entrance costs for all the tours/sites mentioned.
- All hotels (Double beds, with continental breakfast)
- All the meals mentioned. (The guide will carry a first aid kit)
- An additional room can be obtained at the client’s request.
- Transportation (e.g. international flights) to and from Peru.
- Lunch and dinner in cities (aside from those specifically mentioned)
- Hiking boots and personal equipment.
- Personal costs (tips and gratuities, alcoholic beverages, travel/medical insurance, medical costs, laundromat charges, airport taxes, etc.)
- Av. La Cultura N° 1318 Wanchaq, Cusco.
- +51 84 233451 (Cusco)
- +51 1 2241816 (Lima)
Our hours are in Peruvian time (GTM -5)