PERU MULTY SPORT: RAFTING, CYCLING, CLASSIC INCA TRAIL (12D/11N)
The Land of the Inkas team invites you to come on this incredible, active journey through the city of Cusco, the roaring Apurimac River and the Inca trail. Along the way you’ll discover the vibrant Andean culture and the historic citadel of Machu Picchu, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Join us on this 12-day adventure through Peruvian history, culture and nature.
DAY 1 LIMA
You’ll arrive at the international airport in Lima (the majority of flights arrive at night between 8pm and 2am). Our team will be waiting with a private vehicle to take you to the hotel of your choice. According to your flight schedule, you will visit some of the most important museums in Lima.
DAY 2 LIMA – CUSCO
Early in the morning, you’ll return to the Lima airport to take your flight to Cusco, the former capital of the Inca Empire. Upon your arrival, the Land of the Inkas team will be waiting to greet you. During the trip to the center in a private vehicle, the guide will give a brief introductory talk about the city. After lunch, we’ll visit the most important tourist sites in the city and the surroundings. This is an opportunity to try new things, learn and understand the history of Cusco. We’ll visit churches, museums and archeological sites, including the fortress of Saqsaywaman and the complexes of Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay. All of these were highly important sites in the Inca religion and are located close to Cusco. After our explorations, we’ll return you to your hotel to spend the night.
DAY 4 APURÍMAC RIVER
The first section of rapids today are a bit demanding as they are Class III/IV with one Class V. Not to worry – our experienced guides will see you safely through them all. The later sections are calmer and will take us to the day’s campsite at a sandy beach.
DAY 5 APURÍMAC RIVER – OLLANTAYTAMBO
DAY 6 CRUZ PATA – OLLANTAYTAMBO
DAY 7 CAMINO INCA – SACRED VALLEY – HUAYLLABAMBA (CAMP)
DAY 8 HUAYLLABAMBA – PACAYMAYO (CAMP)
DAY 9 PACAYMAYO – PHUYUPATAMARCA (CAMP)
DAY 10 PHUYUPATAMARCA- MACHU PICCHU
DAY 11 MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
DAY 12 CUSCO – LIMA
- A bilingual guide for all the tours described in the itinerary.
- All flights within Peru.
- All ground transportation during the trip.
- The entrance costs for all the tours/sites mentioned.
- All hotels (Double beds, with continental breakfast)
- All the meals mentioned. (The guide will carry a first aid kit)
- An additional room can be obtained at the client’s request.
- Transportation (e.g. international flights) to and from Peru.
- Lunch and dinner in cities (aside from those specifically mentioned)
- Hiking boots and personal equipment.
- Personal costs (tips and gratuities, alcoholic beverages, travel/medical insurance, medical costs, laundromat charges, airport taxes, etc.)
- Av. La Cultura N° 1318 Wanchaq, Cusco.
- +51 84 233451 (Cusco)
- +51 1 2241816 (Lima)
Our hours are in Peruvian time (GTM -5)